Come Join Diversified Credit Union!
Your credit union is a not-for-profit cooperative. We return “profits” to our members in the form of fewer fees, higher dividends paid on savings, lower interest rates charged for loans, and expanded services. Join us and start saving today!
Why Should You Join Diversified Credit Union? We offer the solutions you want and the service you deserve. These include:
- Low-Rate Loans – All types, including Mortgages and Business Loans
- Checking Accounts – Three plans to choose from
- Savings Accounts – A wide range of options
- Money Market Accounts – Earn a higher rate without the time commitment
- CDs – All offer a rate increase option!
- IRAs – Two types to choose from
- VISA Credit Cards – With online payments and a rewards program
- Check (Debit) Cards – More convenient than cash
- ATM Access – 1,300 surcharge-free ATMs in Minnesota alone
- Online Banking – Account history, transfer money and more!
- DCU Mobile App – Account balance & history, transfer money, manage payees, and remote capture.
Friendly In-Office Services
Stop into any DCU office for these additional services from our friendly and helpful staff.
- Notary Service available to members at no charge.
- Savings Bonds can be redeemed at Diversified Credit Union. However the U.S. Department of the Treasury no longer sells paper savings bonds over-the-counter. Call us at 800-333-7757 if you need help buying electronic savings bonds through Treasury Direct.
Did You Know?
Member deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
Who Can Join
Diversified Credit Union serves the central communities of Minneapolis as well as Anoka, Hennepin and Waseca Counties in Minnesota. You are eligible for membership if you do any of the activities below in any of these counties.
We also serve several businesses including CenterPoint Energy employees and their families. If you are employed by one of our select employee groups (SEGs), you may join regardless of where you live. We serve the employees and family members of:
- CenterPoint Energy
- Cinch Connectivity Solutions
- CalAmp Wireless Networks Corp.
- Dunwoody College of Technology
- ISD #829 (Waseca Public Schools)
Also, retirees who did not join the credit union before retirement may still join.
All families welcome!
Membership is open to your entire family — including your spouse, children, parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews and adoptive relatives. If you are related to a current Member by blood, adoption or marriage, you are eligible to join Diversified, regardless of where you live.
Once a Member, Always a Member
As long as you maintain an account and remain an active member you are welcome to belong to Diversified Credit Union for life, even if you change jobs, move or retire.
How to Open an Account at Diversified Credit Union
If you meet the membership criteria to join Diversified Credit Union, please review the DCU Membership and Account Agreement and then return the following items to us for processing:
- A completed Membership Application (download, complete online, then print and sign).
- A photocopy of your drivers’ license or photo identification.
- Cash deposit or a check payable to Diversified Credit Union.
At this time we do not accept Membership Applications online. Please bring the items listed above to any of our branches.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account we will ask for your name, address, date of birth. And other information that will allow us to identify you. We may ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
© 2022 Diversified Credit Union. All Rights Reserved. NMLS #674056
Diversified’s Routing number is 291074748